The Holy Spirit has recently been prompting me to come back to the foundation of our faith, because there are so many things, many voices out there that that can lead us to confusion. That is why you have to remind yourself who you are in Christ Jesus.
Many people think that their identity or their value is in what they do, or what they have. Their worth is in their career or the amount of money they possess, or their reputation because those are the standards of the world. We see a generation of young people who, because they don’t know who they are, will identify themselves with famous football player, movie actor…All these things are going to fade away but there is some thing that will remain, which is the word of God, and we, as Christians, were born by this Word. It is the Word that created and sustains every thing that we see (Colossians 1:15-16) and that Word is Jesus Christ himself ,who made himself flesh and made his dwelling among us (John 1:14).
So who are we, what is our identity, what is our value,, according to the Word of God?
In John 1: 12, the bible says: Yet to all who received him to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, children born not of natural descent nor of human decision or a husband’s will but born of God.”
Just take a second and ponder about it.
1. We who received Jesus Christ as our Savior, were born a second time, not a natural birth but a spiritual birth, this is a supernatural work of the Spirit that no human being can understand with his mind (John 3:1-15)
2. We were born of God by the power of the Holy Spirit. We have received an incorruptible, imperishable, eternal seed of God, which is his Word (1 Peter 1:23)
3. We are born of God and we have his divine nature (his DNA)!!! (2 Peter 1:4)
4. We became the sons and the daughters of the Most High God, the heirs of the kingdom of God ( Gal 4:7)
5. We reign with Christ Jesus and Jesus said in Luke 12:32 ”it is my father’s great pleasure to give you the kingdom”
6. As his children he gave us authority and dominion over the darkness (Luke 10:19)
So people of God, let us know who we are in Christ Jesus and walk accordingly, we are not worthless, we have value, we are called children of God, bought with a tremendous price, which is the blood of Jesus. We are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God (1 Peter 2:9).
Amen and Amen